FreeStyler is here! Personalise your photo books like never before with our brand new photo book builder. Design original layouts, resize photos and add unlimited personal touches to create picture-perfect books. With our familiar toolbar icons you can easily design what you want so it’s never been so fun and rewarding to create stunning photo books!
Why not give it a go and try it out with our brand new 11.5×15.5 photo book? This is our biggest photo book yet so is perfect for showing off those spectacular wedding photos or holiday memories.
If you’re stuck for inspiration, check out our ‘Get Inspired’ page for great ideas on how to create picture perfect photo books.
Terrifying Jack O Lanterns, fun costumes, and ghostly haunted houses can only mean one thing your perfect Halloween photos are just lurking around the corner! To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of useful tips, tricks and treats to help you capture those boo-tiful Halloween photos:
Take action shots: Fun mid-action pictures can be much more charming than straight-on pictures of children in their costumes. Let them play and laugh! Be creative; try shooting from above, below or even behind!
Capture every moment: Remember it’s not all about costumes at Halloween. Spine-tingling decorations, glowing pumpkins, bags full of treats and spooky haunted houses – everywhere you look there’s an interesting photo subject!
Zoom In!: Get the details of the costumes or your surroundings. Why not try getting a cobweb close-up or the intricate details on a costume – the possibilities are endless!
Get creative with your flash: To get that perfect glowing pumpkin photo or silhouette, turn off the flash and choose a slower shutter speed. However, if you want to give your subject a more sinister look, leave your flash on to create a ghoulish red eye. You can also use your flash with a coloured filter to give your photo an eerie feel. Not got a colour filter? Create your own using a piece of red cellophane which also works well.
Once you have the perfect Halloween snaps you can turn them into some memorable photo gifts that will last for years to come – check out our Halloween Store for inspiration on how to make the most of your snaps.
It’s that ‘back to school’ time of year again! So why not start the new term in style by stocking up on shiny new personalised stationery and accessories. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Personalised notebooks add a dash of photo fun to school bags, desks and briefcases. How about creating a custom-cover notebook featuring a favourite pet, or a funny family snap?
If you’re suffering from the back-to-work blues, cheer up your morning coffee break with a colourful photo mug covered in holiday snaps, or decorate your desk with a custom mouse mat.
Get the kids involved in making sheets of their very own photo stickers for decorating everything from schoolbooks to stationery.
Children will also love creating ‘show and tell’ photo books filled with their holiday highlights, while a poster or photo panel is ideal for showcasing their best artistic efforts.
Need to keep the whole family organised? A photo calendar will help you keep track of everybody’s activities throughout the coming school year.
Make the transition to autumn that little bit easier with photo goodies for all the family. Check out our favourite ‘back to school’ picks by clicking here.
Digital photography is now more popular than ever before – with so many mobile phones including a camera, many of us are carrying one with us everywhere we go. But how often do you really get the photo you want?
Pop over to our printing tips page to get some handy hints for how to get that perfect snap. From the positioning of your subjects to how to get the right composition – there’s plenty of clever tricks.
But once you have those perfect pictures, don’t keep them hidden on your hard drive – instead, bring them to life by printing them off! You can enhance them with some of the Snapfish editing tools (from special effects and borders to red eye erasers) and print them off for as little as 9p each!
So what are you waiting for? Capture those treasured moments and print them off so you never forget.
The Diamond Jubilee is almost upon us but with some careful planning, you still have time to organise the perfect street party. It is surprisingly easy to do if you follow our top ten party tips:
1. Approach your neighbours to get a feel for the general consensus on the idea, especially making notes of who can help with food, supply tables and chairs etc so that you get all the logistics locked down.
2. Once your date has been set, send out invitations to get the party spirit flowing. At Snapfish there is a wonderful selection of Jubilee themed invitations to choose from that will be sure to get everyone really excited for the party to come.
3. Bunting! Don’t forget the bunting! No street party is complete without it. Cut fabric oddments into triangles or involve the street’s children by drawing and colouring Jubilee inspired images on pennant shaped card stock.
4. Organise a food plan with the neighbours to decide who can provide sweet treats and tasty savouries. Once you have decided what you are going to make you can put an image and the recipes for all your delicious dishes (and recipes) in to a Snapfish photo book. It’s a really great way to share your culinary talents with your neighbours and get everyone’s stomachs rumbling!
5. If a line of tables and chairs in the street is not in everyone’s favour, suggest an alternative street party. Why not hold a huge BBQ with pink lemonade, fruity punches and themed food from countries in the common wealth.
6. Don’t forget the kids! Once all those yummy plates of food have been consumed, they will want to burn off the energy with games and play time. Pin the crown on the queen is always fun and a good way to tire them out!
7. Why not hold a raffle for a local charity? Everyone loves the thrill of prize-winning and you can give back to your local community to help the most worthwhile causes.
8. Make sure you plan cleanup operation for afterwards too! This can be done in seconds if everyone joins in and can be rewarded with a well deserved cuppa in a personalised Snapfish commemorative mug at the end!
9. It’s also good to plan a wet weather contingency! We know how fickle our British weather system can be so ask neighbours if they have those portable style gazebos to pop up in the street as a make shift cover in case the April showers return.
10. Why not play music from the era of the Queen’s coronation throughout the day throwing in some modern music to get the kids swaying as well as mums and dads bopping
Most importantly we hope you have a wonderful day and don’t forget to take lots of photographs to mark the occasion.
Check out the Snapfish Jubilee store here.
We’re wishing ourselves a very happy 12th birthday this month, and you’re all invited to the party! There’s no need to dress up or play silly games though: here at Snapfish we prefer a bit of creative photo fun (though we wouldn’t say no to a slice of birthday cake). Celebrate with us by trying out some new photo ideas. Here are 12 top photo book tips to get you started – keeping the ‘12 in 2012’ theme going of course…
12 top photo book tips
- Make a truly personal gift by picking every element of your photo book design – from custom covers to colourful themes, titles and extra pages to fit in all your stunning snaps.
- Get organised, by displaying all your photos together in one place. Go through your photo library and create a set of amazing family ‘yearbooks’ that bring back your best moments.
- Save the memories of a special occasion between the covers of a superb photo book – from weddings to big birthdays, a photo book will be a great reminder of your wonderful day. Read more…
It’s party time here at Snapfish, as we’re celebrating Snappy’s 12th birthday this month. To mark 12 great years of creating fantastic photo prints and gorgeous gifts, here are 12 inspirational photo printing ideas to inspire you:
12 top photo printing tips
- Get set for spring with some bright new prints. How about taking some photos of daffodils, tulips and lambs and decorating your life with the cheerful colours of the season?
- Share the family fun with a bumper bundle of prints. Make sure you keep everybody up to date with your latest by sending photo prints featuring all your news.
- Decorate a party venue by pinning pretty (or silly!) prints around the walls. They also make great table place cards for a big birthday meal or wedding breakfast. Read more…
I’m disciplining myself into uploading my images to Snapfish, the moment I need to empty my memory card. It’s hardly laborious but it’s a failsafe for me as I like the idea of my images stored on both my own computer and on Snapfish’s generous servers. Imagine having just one set of images on your hard drive only for the gremlins in your computer to lose them at any given moment?! Well, that’s not a risk that I have been willing to take after suffering a computer crash and External Hard Drive meltdown in the space of 18 months. My prize photographs and subsequent memories were all gone in a snap; it was truly devastating.
It’s the thought that counts when it comes giving the perfect gift, so how about these ideas to give your Mum something unique to treasure for Mother’s Day…
Family heirloom photo book
Celebrate Mum’s history with an heirloom photo book. Seek out special photos and touching stories from family and friends. Include a variety of past and present images and add your own text to tell each story. Some image ideas to include are: maternity photos taken of Mum, photos of you and your siblings, family holidays and get-togethers, family pets and grandparents. Why not scan and upload tickets from a memorable event, handwritten family recipes and letters too?
The most precious gift is time…
Create a special set of photo cards designed as coupons, giving Mum breakfast in bed, a bubble bath, candle lit dinner…Include a photo of you or the kids holding a coupon sign, or write the coupon on the back of the card.